Friday, February 21, 2020

Visiting Storybook Forest


Being an adult isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sometimes it's nice to put all of your grownup responsibilities aside and enjoy simpler times. That's what I found at Storybook Forest, a beautifully landscaped fantasy build paying homage to all our favorite fairy tales. 

Upon landing I was greeted by woodland creatures going about their daily routines. I followed the path across the bridge and to the forest where I found vignettes paying homage to Cinderella, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty and Hansel and Gretel. I was surprised to find "live" avatars playing the parts of beloved characters. I didn't try speaking to them, so I'm not sure if they were actually "there" or not, but I did witness a queen fleeing across the bridge towards the castle. 


I tried to shoo the wee ones away from the candy house but they wouldn't listen. The old witch kept shouting something. I'm not sure if she was saying "Land Ho!" or if she thought I was showing too much skin.


Mice on a mission!

Storybook Forest is the kind of build you want to spend time to explore. There are lots of photo opportunities, with grazing unicorns, sandy beaches and shafts of light that add to the fantasy ambiance.