Monday, February 17, 2020

There Be Giants

Tired. I'm probably not moving from this spot for a while.

What have ya'll been up to? I've been suffering from a house building obsession for about a month now. During that time, I learned some new skills, remembered some old ones and found out a few things about myself. 

First, I do not have the patience nor the brain cells required to texture and shadow each and every wall, floor and tiny little window trim. Second, and most important, I suck at building houses. The one thing I am good at, apparently, is buying houses.

I did complete a lovely home. When it was almost finished, I invited a friend over for a visit and made yet another earth shattering discovery about myself.

You see, when you spend most of your time alone, you never realize that you're A FREAKING GIANT.

So I took a short break from aligning and texturing to venture out to the club scene where I casually slid up behind other avatars and gauged my height against theirs.

Yeah, I was a creeper. You do what you have to do.

Adjustments were made. Finally satisfied that I wouldn't look like Godzilla stomping through the village when I did go out, I returned to my build, which I then realized was BUILT FOR A FREAKING GIANT.

Disgusted, I deleted it all, including the little island it sat upon, which hadn't done a thing wrong. I decided to set up house on the actual coast, which has enough actual land for a rusted out hippie van and not much else. So I needed something on stilts, beachy, but not shacky yet with a touch of class.

I'm not picky. Much.

I shopped ya'll. I am reasonably sure that I visited every purveyor of houses on the grid. I looked at ultra modern, concrete and steel constructions, fishing shacks and even bought one of those furnished monstrosities with nine hundred and eleventy billion scripts.

That one lasted a hour.

But now? I'm done. If you fly over Faravari in the near future, you'll be able to find me floating in the pool, eyes glazed over and scarcely moving.

That is, until I get another wild hair and decide I need a new house.

No comments: