Friday, September 2, 2022

Starting Over... Again

 


Hey Ya'll! It's been a while, hasn't it? Let's catch up.

The strip club was short lived. I stand by what I've said all along. Don't open a strip club in Second Life. The market is too saturated. Why, then, did I open one? I'm not sure. I guess the best answer is, after years of working in the industry, I wanted to try it my way. I leased a homestead, threw my heart (and money, lots of money) into it and gave it a shot. 

So, that's closed. 

After shutting down the homestead, I grabbed a couple of parcels on the water until I could figure out what I wanted to do. In the mean time, I kept my eye out for some good abandoned land where I could rebuild, start over and rethink my SL. 

If only it were this easy in the flesh and bones world.

I settled on this 4096. The reasons it was abandoned were apparent. It's a corner parcel with limited terra forming. It's on an older continent so although it's partially beach, the sand texture is that greyish brown color. I was able to cover it with some land form mesh, add some beachy vibes and create a nice little home. It doesn't technically have ocean access, but I have one neighbor without ban lines, giving me access to open sea for my boating adventures. 

I think I'm finally settled. For now.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

What kind of house is that? Who is the creator?

Mahala Roviana said...

It's the Zaliki Tropical Cottage by Trompe Loeil. You can find it here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Trompe-Loeil-Zaliki-Tropical-Cottage-PG-mesh/20300346

Anonymous said...

It's a great house choice for the location. As a frequent "visitor" to the site, I've found that "derender" can work miracles, opening up amazing vistas :)

Great work developing the parcel!

Wolff Bikcin