Saturday, May 25, 2019

Is There Still Life in Second Life?



I recently returned to Second Life after a long absence. Before I left, I'd gotten myself all tangled up with an SL musician. To make a long story short, things got complicated when his RL wife entered the picture and suddenly there was way too much first life in my second life. Heartbroken, I fled our shared skybox in the middle of the night, took all my things and quit. 

I've been back for a couple of weeks and I'm finally starting to get my bearings. 

I think.

So far I've changed homes twice. I started out in a beautiful fairy fantasy home at Butterfly Hollow, traded up to a Linden issued house, which turned out to be as close to living in government housing as you can get on the grid, then abandoned that for one of the fancy new Linden houses I'd seen advertised. Only, they were sold out. Disgusted by the whole feckin' mess, I'm now "living" in a makeshift, bark covered box in the sky. 

Who needs a home anyway? 

I'm sure I'll settle somewhere, eventually. In the meantime, I'm happy wandering about, taking pictures and making new friends. 

All but ONE of my old buds are gone. 

None of the old landmarks work. And mesh? Gawdalmighty. It took me two days to learn to dress myself again without accidentally going topless. 

Maybe we'll bump in to each other. I'm looking forward to it.

~.~



Land for Sale-Beautiful snow covered property overlooking Lake Tahoe, family friendly, no restrictions, highly desired area. Incredible view.. Perfect for rentals. Objects not included, add your own dream home!  1024m 351 prims. Check it out in world here.

No comments: